A few NNRMLS Members have told us that Showing Agents sometimes attempt to show listings without making an appointment first. Listing Agents that would like to control this can program lockboxes with a Call Before Showing (CBS) code, which prevents agents from accessing a lockbox until the Listing Agent is contacted for an additional code. The Showing Agent must enter this CBS code into the lockbox before they can access the key compartment.
Here’s how to program the CBS code using an Android device:
2. Select Inventory.
3. Select the serial number for the keybox you wish to change.
4. Tap the Edit Button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap Require CBS if there is not a green checkmark.
6. Tap on the current CBS code.
7. Enter the new CBS code and press the Save button.
8. Press the Program button at the bottom of the screen then follow the on-screen instructions.
Sending the new CBS code to SupraWEB:
1. When programming is complete press the Back button on the phone to get to the main eKEY screen.
2. Press the Update button.
And Using an iPhone:
Note: Supraekey.com contributed the bulk of the content for this article.
Andrew Cristancho Director of Marketing at Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service