Search Committee Promotes From Within
Reno, Nevada, July 2020 — The Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service, (NNRMLS), is pleased to announce George Pickard, the organization’s current CTO, as the new Chief Executive Officer beginning on August 1, 2020. Pickard previously served NNRMLS as Chief Technology Officer, working in concert with two previous CEOs to develop, communicate and implement the company vision.
In his nearly nine years with NNRMLS, Pickard has proven himself to be a leader. He’s played a crucial role in strategic planning, executive decision-making, data analysis, budgeting, negotiating, contracting, recruiting, project management, business development, policy, public speaking, marketing, and communications. Pickard is a driving force behind the implementation of the NNRMLS strategic vision, empowering team members and contractors, coordinating solutions with vendors and stakeholders, and fostering strong relationships with NNRMLS’ Shareholders to deliver world-class MLS services to our members.
Pickard will succeed Gene Millman, who recently took a position at REColorado® in Denver, after a successful career with NNRMLS.
When the need for a new leader at NNRMLS presented itself, the NNRMLS Board of Trustees launched a nationwide search effort. They appointed a local selection committee made up of Board members and solicited candidates from across the country. Following an exhaustive search and rigorous vetting process, the selection committee identified and interviewed several qualified candidates, ultimately selecting Pickard for the job.
Amy Shocket, NNRMLS Trustee President, said “In their selection of George for NNRMLS CEO, the Board of Trustees and the CEO Selection Committee acknowledge his experience in, and passion for, the MLS industry. George’s selection brings continuity, as well as a vision for the future in the service of our members.”
Upon acceptance of his new position, Pickard said, “NNRMLS strong reputation in the MLS industry is the result of an engaged membership, a sustained commitment to excellence from our Trustees and Shareholders, a legacy of luminary leaders and the tireless efforts of the dedicated team of professionals with whom I have had the pleasure of working alongside for the better part of a decade. I am truly honored for this opportunity to serve as the leader of our organization. I am committed to delivering the industry-leading innovation, essential applications, authoritative information, and world-class service in support of our REALTOR® Member’s role as the trusted source of real estate expertise.”
Pickard’s NNRMLS career highlights include:
Enhancing the NNRMLS Membership Experience:
- Implementing the NNRMLS vision of empowering members with self-service membership management options
Leveraging Technology to Improve Customer Service:
- Led team to execute necessary changes to policies and procedures, accounting structure, and systems architecture to overhaul the NNRMLS billing process.
- Produced custom online payment portal, powered by a subscription-based system built on a highly customizable business rules API
Mobile MLS App Launch:
- Anticipating the demand for an agent-centric mobile app with MLS-integrated client communication tools and context-relevant functionality, organized and led the project to launch Homesnap Pro, the NNRMLS flagship mobile application
- In addition to managing the technical research and implementation, Pickard directed messaging and training personnel, working directly on bidding and contract negotiations