The NNRMLS launched its Compliance Report webpage as part of its two-year “MLS Rule Book” revamp of the Rules and Policy, and the page reinforces the transparency of our compliance process for our membership.
Conceived by our Governing Documents Workgroup and approved by the NNRMLS Board of Trustees, the new webpage is a set of dynamic graphs showing the total violations reported and total violations confirmed for each month. The graphs are updated monthly and the statistics go back to January 2021.
“This new page not only answers a long-standing request by many in our membership and fulfills our Board’s decision-making, but it also reflects the transparency that we strive for within our compliance system,” said NNRMLS CEO George Pickard. “Our leadership believes that members deserve to know these statistics and benefit from being aware that the MLS strives for one-hundred percent data accuracy.”
Pro Tip: You can expect the page to be updated with the previous month’s statistics during the second week of the current month.
Other changes to the NNRMLS Rule Book this year included:
- Changes to Required Listing Information: The violation type for failing to report a SOLD listing within two business days of closing has been changed from a Level 2 citation to a Level 4 citation with an automatic fine.
- IDX Rules Strengthened: Our IDX Rules have been strengthened to prevent abuse by third parties
- Citation Policy Updates: The Citation Policy has been streamlined, reducing the violation timeline for Level 1-3 citations from 28 days to seven days. Compliance information has been relocated to the Members Website. Click here for that new webpage.
- Property Re-list Policy Loophole Closed: Inner-office Property Re-list Policy Loophole has been closed. Listings can no longer be entered as “NEW” by a different agent within the same firm unless the property has been Off-Market for at least 30 days.
- Listing Categories and Property Types: Listing Categories and Property Type definitions have been relocated from the NNRMLS Rules & Regulations to the Members website. Click here for that new webpage.
- Billing and Refund Policy: Billing and Refund Policy details have been relocated from the Policy Manual to the Members Website. Click here for that new webpage.
MLS Rule Book Resource Page – includes the current versions of the Rules and Policy, archived Rule changes and other helpful information about NNRMLS’s governing documents
MLS Rule Book – Data Accuracy – blog post detailing the NNRMLS compliance process, includes background on the program and how to report a potential violation
Compliance Information Page – Compliance process details and Citation Matrix
MLS Rule Book Archive – Redlines and summaries of changes to NNRMLS governing documents
Andrew Cristancho Director of Marketing at Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service