Green & Smart Features highlighted at RSAR’s Power-Up Event on Tuesday
While updates to six of the eight NNRMLS input forms are set to be released later this spring, the MLS Team gave a sneak peek of a few of the improvements in store for the Residential Listing Input form to the audience of its shareholder association’s event.
The February 13th event, called Power Up — Technology for Today’s Agent, featured NNRMLS Director of IT & Product Innovation George Pickard, highlighting the updates and additions to the Green and Smart feature category. Pickard also explained the new Home Energy Efficiency Verification and Certifications section of the new forms. The new features and certification sections are anticipated to allow for better MLS search results for all agents.
The featured MLS form updates were well-received — one attendee commented that “Being able to search for homes with green and smart features is going to be the norm very soon. Love this forward thinking!”
Andrew Cristancho helped build excitement about Homesnap, the new NNRMLS mobile app — projected to be released later in the 1st quarter/early 2nd quarter.
The “Dynamic Duo” did great presentations at this morning’s Power Up meeting at RSAR!
The new updates are expected to be released in phases with the first of the improvements currently in beta testing, according to the NNRMLS team.
Aside from the green and smart features, there are other expected updates to the NNRMLS input forms. NOTE: This list is not organized by release date and may not be inclusive of all anticipated changes:
- Residential: HOA will be called CIC, (Common Interest Community), to better coincide with the Nevada Revised Statutes. NNRMLS will also auto-calculate an average CIC monthly fee allowing agents to better inform their buyers. Agents will soon be able to search Condos and Townhomes separately. Home Energy Ratings Fields will be added. Green and Smart Features will be identified. A dedicated field for Team Name will be added.
- Vacant Land: HOA will be called CIC, (Common Interest Community), to better coincide with the Nevada Revised Statutes. NNRMLS will also auto-calculate an average monthly fee allowing agents to better inform their buyers. A dedicated field for Team Name will be added.
- Multi-family: Home Energy Ratings Fields will be added. Green and Smart Features will be identified. A dedicated field for Team Name will be added. Cap Rate Field will be added.
- Farm & Ranch: New Fencing features will be added, Green and Smart Features will be identified, a dedicated field for Team Name will be added.
- Rental: HOA will be called CIC (Common Interest Community), to better coincide with the state Nevada Revised Statutes. Condos and Townhomes will be searchable separately. A dedicated field for Team Name will be added. In addition to Pet Deposit, a separate field for Pet Fee will be added.
- Business Opportunity: CAM (Common Area Maintenance) fields will be added, Green and Smart Features will be identified, a dedicated field for Team Name will be added.
These changes will also correspond to updates made to the Paragon (MLS) listing input section; when there’s an update to a listing input form, then Paragon will undergo that same update.
Also, once released, the updated input forms will be added to Instanet, the transaction management software.
When Will The Updates Occur?
The updates to Listing Input involve technical coordination between NNRMLS, Instanet, and Black Knight — the makers of Paragon. Updates are currently in late-stage testing, and official release dates will be announced for each set of improvements as they clear our QA process, following the completion of a thorough beta-testing regimen. NNRMLS anticipates the first update to occur in late Q1, and include Green and Smart Features, Condo/Townhouse distinction, and Home Energy Ratings.
Why The Update?
- NNRMLS and the Board of Trustees agreed that our members would benefit from a cleaner, more streamlined and more consistent design across all classes of input forms.
- NNRMLS shifted the form publishing platform to software that is widely supported and allows for incremental changes.
- Many of the updates mentioned above are anticipated to provide all agents with a more efficient and simplified MLS search experience.
About RSAR’s Power-Up
The next Power-Up events are scheduled for 4/10/2018, 9/11/2018 and 12/11/2018. The Power-Up event was conceived by the Reno-Sparks Association of Realtors’ Technology Committee. The committee, which meets every other month, enjoys lively discussions about upcoming technology trends that affect Realtors and organizes events centered on agent engagement and adoption of helpful real estate tools. The NNRMLS Team is actively engaged with this committee, supporting and participating in the meetings and events. For more information about this committee, visit this page: http://www.rsar.net/about-rsar/leadership-committees/real-estate-technology
Watch the Facebook Live recording of February 13th’s Power-Up event here: https://www.facebook.com/33962850537/videos/10159632011790538