NNRMLS will launch form updates to all listing input forms on Thursday, May 10th!
Are you ready for exciting changes to your MLS input forms? Our team is confident that these new and innovative form updates will help your daily workflow, increasing accuracy and enabling you to do more accurate searches. These updates will be launched on Thursday, May10th.
A lot of new and exciting features are coming with these new forms. You may have read in previous articles, NNRMLS Highlights New Green Fields in Upcoming Form Update and NNRMLS Gives Sneak Peek of Soon-to-Be-Released Input Forms about some of the changes that are coming.
A brief summary follows:
(We will be releasing a comprehensive FAQ and training guide for the new forms soon after the official launch)
The Residential Listing Input Form will get the most stunning facelift with changes to how HOAs are referenced. HOAs will now be called Common Interest Communities, or abbreviated CIC. This will more closely follow the Nevada Revised Statutes that are recognized by professionals statewide.
However, this is not the most exciting enhancement to this form! We know the technology that has been put in place behind these fields will save our members time! CIC will now calculate an average monthly payment, whether the listing agent has entered annual, quarterly, monthly or one-time payments. This will make it so much easier for agents to inform their clients of the true cost of CIC dues! Another improvement that many of our members have asked for is the differentiation between condo and townhome! This will allow buyers’ agents to make the distinction in their search for condos or townhomes more accurately for their clients. We hope you are as excited as we are about this one!
The next thing we should mention is Green and Smart. The most striking visual enhancement to this area which still remains in features is the leaf and light bulb. The leaf icon denotes Green, otherwise known as energy efficient features and the lightbulb icon indicates Smart
features. These fields are distributed throughout the features category so listing agents do not have to take time to locate separate Green and Smart features sections. For example, energy-star appliances and solar and wind are interspersed within the heating and cooling section.
When a green or smart feature is checked, it will automatically be added to a green and smart features “favorites bin,” which will be easily searchable for buyers’ and sellers’ agents looking for listings with these features.
I thought forms were just updated in January?
RSAR did update their forms in January 2018. However, the forms that are being released on May 10th are not association forms; they are NNRMLS forms. They are not forms licensed by RSAR or SNAR to their members or state-provided forms.
These are NNRMLS Listing Input Forms Provided Through Your Membership
Where Can I Find the New Forms?
When you log into your Instanet account on Thursday, May 10th you will find all of the new listing input forms already there and programmed correctly. Additionally, you’ll notice some changes, for the better, in the listing input section of your Paragon MLS system. This is because these forms correspond to Paragon’s listing input flow.
Why the Update?
NNRMLS, its CEO and the Board of Trustees agreed that our members would benefit from a cleaner, more streamlined and more consistent design across all classes of input forms. NNRMLS shifted its form publishing platform to a software that is widely supported and has longevity.
What are the Major Revisions?
Most of the NNRMLS Listing Forms will be updated on May 10th and all of the changes will be outlined in an upcoming Frequently Asked Questions document to be released shortly after launch day.
- Residential, Vacant Land, Rental: HOA will be now called CIC, to better align with the Nevada Revised Statutes. Green and Smart features identified, Team Name field added
- Residential, Multi-Family, Farm & Ranch, Business Opportunity: Green and Smart features identified with new icons
- Residential, Multi-Family: Section provided to enter Home Energy Efficiency Verifications and/or Certifications
Stay Tuned for Future Communications and Training
- We will be sending out the NNRMLS FAQ soon after the launch on May 10th with details on the changes
- We will send important instructions on how to update your templates in Instanet
- Make sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email senders’ list to be sure you don’t miss important instructions/announcements from NNRMLS
- Subscribe to The MLS Post (the NNRMLS Blog) where we post tutorials on a variety of subjects
- Broker/Office Training Opportunites: Invite Andrew Cristancho, Director of Member Services and Training, to your office for personalized training for your agents. Visit Andrew’s schedule page to book a 30 or 60-minute training. Specify you would like Andrew to come to your office in the “Topic You’re Interested in Learning” section.