Please note that there will be an additional email update coming later today that will require your action if you have Active or Pending listings.
Seller’s Agents that use Instanet templates should update the NNRMLS Listing Input form immediately! Buyer’s Agents that use Instanet templates should update the O&A form immediately! These are NOT the only forms that should be updated in templates! All Agents should be familiar with RSAR’s Form Update Guides so you can update your templates correctly:
Each year the Risk Reduction Committee of your REALTOR Association works hard to perfect your forms: Contracts, Offer & Acceptance, etc. This year the NNRMLS Board of Trustees has addressed changes to the Listing Input forms to coincide with the upcoming New Association Forms release.
While this is exciting news there is an unintended consequence that you should be aware of: New forms break your templates which means you need to update your templates…like NOW!
Why you need to update your templates:
If you have a template with an old form in it, and you apply that template to a new transaction, the old form will not appear in the new transaction’s form list. It is effectively “locked” away inside the template, never to be released again. You must delete it from the template and add the new form.
It’s easy to do… let’s see how:
These are instructions on how to update an O&A form in Instanet Lite — Updating template forms in Instanet Pro is much the same. Keep in mind this article teaches you how to update one form in your template, but you should update any form or forms that are old. Check the forms guides, (links above), to find out what forms are being updated.
1. Click on the Templates link located at the top and center of the page.
2. You will see a list of templates — (If you do NOT see a list of templates and you have template envy, please read “Make Your Life Easier…Create a Template in Instanet“ to learn how to create one, or click here to watch our “How To Create a Template in Instanet Lite” VIDEO! Click on the name of the template you wish to change. In the example below, I’ll click on the template that I’ve previously named “Buyer Template 5/8/2015.”
3. The old O&A form is called “Offer and Acceptance Residential (ROA) (Rev. 05/15),” and if you see it in your template, you should remove it. To remove, click the check box to the left of the form and use the “I would like to” menu to select “Delete Selected Forms.” Now click the blue arrow.
4. You will see an alarming pop-up window that says “Warning! All information will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?” Click the OK button on this window to delete the old O&A form. It’s not that scary…
5. The old O&A form will now be gone from your template form list.
6. Now, the exciting part; adding the new and improved O&A. Make sure the “I would like to” menu says “Add New Form” then click the blue arrow.
7. The “Add Forms” list will appear. Use the grey scroll bar to scroll down to the bottom of the form list and single-click the form called “Offer and Acceptance Residential (ROA) (Rev. 01/16).” Are you seeing a pattern? The old form’s revision date is 05/15, (May 2015), and the new form’s revision date is 01/16, (January 2016). Now single-click the blue “Add Selected Forms” button at the bottom of the page, (Don’t click the “X” because the form won’t be added).
8. The new O&A form will appear in the template form list. You could be finished here and stop reading, but your new O&A is probably at the bottom of the list like it is in the screenshot example.
You’ll likely want to reorder your form list so the new O&A form is higher in your list –(Your forms go into your transactions in the same order they appear in your templates).
Let’s see those steps now:
a. Click the green arrows to change the numbers in the “Order” column then click the blue “Update Order” button.
i. Your form list will be reordered. In the example, I’ve placed my O&A in the #2 position. But you can place your O&A in whichever position best meets your needs.
b. PLEASE NOTE: Don’t add your name, your details or your brokerage’s name and details. If you add yourself, your broker or your brokerage to your templates you run the risk of creating duplicates of those names and details when you apply your template to a transaction.
Now you’re ready to apply your new template! If you don’t know how, please read the article mentioned earlier called, “Make Your Life Easier…Create a Template in Instanet“ for instructions.
Need to change your templates? Watch the video tutorial
In case you missed it, here are the Forms Guides from the Association.
And if you would like to propose another change there is a Change Request Form. New requests must be in by April 1st to make it to the April 14th meeting.
Andrew Cristancho Director of Marketing at Northern Nevada Regional Multiple Listing Service