ALL AGENTS and BROKERS who use Instanet templates should update the DUTIES OWED forms immediately FOR ALL SIDES of the transaction!
It’s exciting news that the Nevada Real Estate Division released the Duties Owed forms and the Reno-Sparks Association of REALTORS worked hard with Instanet to get this new form programmed into your form libraries very quickly. Anytime a new form is released, it’s a good idea to consider the impact that the new form may have on your Instanet setup. Remember: New forms will break templates that contain the old version of the form. This means, if you used the old version of the Duties Owed form in your template, you’ll need to update that template NOW!
Why you need to update your templates:
If you have a template with an old form in it, and you apply that template to a new transaction, the old form will not appear in the new transaction’s form list. It is effectively “locked” away inside the template, never to be released again. You must delete it from the template and add the new form.
It’s easy to do… let’s see how:
These are instructions on how to update a form in NEW Instanet:
- Click on the SETUP gear icon on the left side of your screen, then click on TRANSACTION TEMPLATES:
2. Click the three stacked dots that correspond to the template you need to edit and click Edit:
3. You’ll easily locate the out-of-date form by looking for the message: “This form has been disabled.”
4. Click the three stacked dots that correspond to the disabled form and click Delete:
5. When you see the message “Are you sure you wish to delete this item?” click Yes:
6. Now add the New Duties Owed form, by clicking the Plus Mark that corresponds to the Forms section of your template:
7. Click the folder that corresponds to the type of transaction your template is made for:
Make sure you’re adding the correct form for the type of transaction; Selling=Buyer, Listing=Seller, Owner and Tenant=Property Management. There’s also a Duties Owed Supplement for TEAMS, which you will likely want to include in all of your templates as a new form.
Please contact your REALTOR Association or the Nevada Real Estate Division for more info on the Duties Owed Supplement.
8. Click the round check boxes that correspond to the Duties Owed and the Duties Owed Supplement and click the Add button:
9. OPTIONAL: If desired, click and drag with your mouse, the DUTIES OWED forms into your preferred order. (This is only if you want the forms to be in a different order than they already appear)
That’s it! Your template is already saved and can be used effectively again!
Click the link Update Templates in Instanet Lite, if you want to learn how to update your templates in Instanet Lite.
Click the link Update Templates in Instanet Pro, if you want to learn how to update your templates in Instanet Lite.