NNRMLS and RSAR released new versions of several forms in 2016, which means if you use Instanet Templates you will need to update them immediately so that they function properly.
NNRMLS released new versions of its Listing Input Forms, while RSAR released changes to many of its forms. For a complete list of changes to RSAR forms see the links below at the end of this article.
Why you need to update your templates:
If you have a template with an old form in it, and you apply that template to a new transaction, the old form will not appear in the new transaction’s form list. It is effectively “locked” away inside the template, never to be released again. You must delete it from the template and add the new form.
It’s easy to update a template… let’s see how:
These are instructions on how to update an Residential Listing Input form in Instanet Pro -Updating template forms in Instanet Lite is much the same, but if you’d like to read our article on how to update a template in Instanet Lite then click here. Or click here to watch our “How To Create a Template in Instanet Lite” VIDEO! Keep in mind this article teaches you how to update one form in your template, but you should update any form, or forms, that are old. Check the forms guides (links below) to find out what forms are being updated.
1. Click on the Settings tab located in the top-right of the home page.
2.Click the blue Continue button on the box labeled Transaction Templates.
3. You will see a list of templates — (If you do NOT see any templates and you desperately want one, please read Make Your Life Easier…Create a Template in Instanet to learn how to create one). Click on the name of the template you wish to change. In the example below, let’s click on the template that was previously named Listing Template How-To 10/28/15.
3. You will then see your Template Overview (looks just like a transaction but it’s not!). Click the word Edit that appears on the grey line labeled Instanet Forms.
4. The old Listing Input form is called NNRMLS Residential Listing Input (12/2014), and if you see it in your templates, you should remove it. To remove it, click the check box to the left of the form and use the “I would like to” menu to select Delete Selected Forms. Now click the orange arrow.
4. You will see an alarming pop-up window that says “Warning! All information will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?” Click the OK button on this window to delete the old form. Go ahead…it’s not that scary!
5. The old O&A form will now be gone from your template form list.
6. Now, the exciting part; adding the new and improved Listing Input Form. Make sure the I would like to menu says Add New Form then click the orange arrow.
The Add Forms list will appear. Use the grey scroll bar to scroll down to the Listing Folder list and single-click the form called NNRMLS Residential Listing Input (01/2016). Are you seeing a pattern? The old form’s revision date was 12/2014, (December 2014), and the new form’s revision date is 01/2016, (January 2016). Now single-click the orange Add Selected Forms to Transaction button at the bottom of the page, (Don’t click the Cancel button because the form won’t be added).
8. The new Listing Input form will appear in the template form list. You could be finished here and stop reading, but your new form is probably at the bottom of the list like it is in my screenshot example below.
You’ll likely want to reorder your form list so the new Listing Input form is higher in your list –(Your forms go into your transactions in the same order they appear in your templates).
Let’s see those steps now:
a. Click the green arrows to change the numbers in the Order column then click the orange Update Order button.
b. Your form list will be reordered. In the example shown below, I’ve placed my Listing Input form in the #3 position. But you can place your input form in whichever position best meets your needs.
PLEASE NOTE: Don’t add your name, your details or your brokerage’s name and details into the forms. If you add yourself, your broker or your brokerage to your templates you run the risk of creating duplicates of those names and details when you apply your template to a transaction.
Now you’re ready to apply your new template! If you don’t know how, please read the article mentioned earlier called, Make Your Life Easier…Create a Template in Instanet for instructions. Need to change your templates? Watch the video tutorial
Seller’s Agents that use Instanet templates should update the NNRMLS Listing Input form immediately! Buyer’s Agents that use Instanet templates should update the O&A form immediately! These are NOT the only forms that should be updated in templates! All Agents should be familiar with RSAR’s Form Update Guides so you can update your templates correctly:
(NOTE: Every NNRMLS Listing Input form was updated in January 2016 with the exception of the Business Opportunity, Lease Only and Rental Listing Input forms).